Have any of your seen the new softer than ever fleece and plush leggings? Cuddl Duds makes some nice ones at Walmart for only $9.96. Although they are all sold out except in black. Booo! So I decided to make my own version of Cuddl Duds for fleece and plush material. Hancock Fabric and JoAnn's Fabric had some nice fleece print. Some classic Tartans, some woodsy prints and some Ikat prints. Here's my first version. A quaint woodsy print.
I haven't had the chance to photograph a tutorial for this. I plan on doing that tomorrow. But in the meantime I can tell you how the pieces fit.
1. Sew the front leg pieces together at the crotch seam, right sides together.
2. Sew the back leg pieces together at the butt seam, right sides together.
3. Sew the back leg piece to the front leg piece at the outside leg seams, right sides together
4. Sew the inseams of the front and back leg pieces together.
5. Turn the waist seam over by 1/4" and press.
6. Fold the waist seam over again by 1.25" and press.
7. Sew waist seam in place, leaving a 2" gap open in the back.
8. Take 1" wide elastic and wrap around your waist. Pull it just a little bit taught depending on your comfort level. Leave 1" extra for your hem space. Cut.
9. Thread elastic through the waist seam. Sew ends of elastic together.
10. Sew the opening of the waist seam shut.
11. Hem the bottom of your leg openings by 1/2".