Let me introduce you to adorable Norah. Oh isn't she the cutest? She is happiest when wearing her little Pod Swaddler.
Hannah Stevenson of While They Sleep had been working on a pattern for the Pod Swaddler for a while now. It is an original design she is quite excited about it. Her goal was to design something extremely useful and customizable that can be done in less than an hour. YES, LESS THAN AN HOUR!
"I asked for volunteers about a month ago to try my pdf pattern/tutorial out and to let me know what they thought." said Hannah. "I had a good response and received a lot of great feedback/suggestions for making it more friendly for the beginner."
The giveaway is for a PDF pattern of The Pod Swaddler for your new little one. Or make a couple for all your expecting mommy friends. Great for baby shower gifts! I haven't seen too many of these in the baby isles but I've always wanted one.
Check out her shop for other quick and easy baby patterns!
PLUS, if you visit Hannah's blog "While They Sleep" she will be giving away both a PDF pattern with tutorial and instructions and an actual finished Pod Swaddler made by her. The giveaway will start TODAY and end TOMORROW Thursday Aug. 6th at midnight. Readers will have two chances to win as she will be selecting from the comments section and those who become a "follower" of her blog.
When Hannah's twin girls were born early, the nurses in the NICU taught her the art of swaddling and all of the advantages to doing it. All of her babies have loved to be swaddled...but she would get frustrated with the blankets either being to bulky or to easy to escape ;).
When she was a baby, her mom put her in an Indian cradle board (she actually used this for all six of her children). It is a leather and wood contraption that she could tighten in the front. She said that they were always very content when she put them in this. So with the idea of being able to tie the front, coupled with her love for designer fabrics, the Pod Swaddler was born!
The Benefits of the Pod Swaddler:
* The Pod has been designed to make it easy for you to swaddle your baby.
* One size fits all. You can adjust it depending on the size of your babe
* Stays secure and keeps arms in.
* The Pod won’t hinder development of hips and knees. As baby grows, his/her legs extend beyond the tight portion of the wrap for free movement and joint development.
* Very Simple Design. No confusing folding or latching.
* You can also tie the Pod around your baby allowing arms to be free. This is a great alternative to a blanket as baby can't kick off the covers and stays safe
* Helps your baby sleep comfortably on his/her back.
* Easy to use - even in the dark!
* Won't unravel and keeps even the most restless sleepers warm and secure.
* Easy to wash and use over and over again.
* No Velcro to catch on everything in the dryer, no buttons or snaps - just an easy tie and you are done.
* Fun, unique pattern that allows you to swaddle your baby in any designer fabric of your choice!
As usual, if you would like a chance to win this pattern just link back to this post. If you have any questions see the "questions and answers" link to the right. If you use blogger just use the "create a link" link at the bottom of this post. If you don't use blogger, that's fine too. Just create a link on your page as you normally would and I will see it using Technorati.
Create a Link