I've been wanting to try this for so long but I hadn't found a DIY kit until now. Sally Hansen has come out with the Sally Hensen Insta-Gel Polish Kit which produces salon-like results and lasts for about 2 weeks. The best part is that it cures with an LED light in 30 seconds!
1: Start with clean, dry nails. Push back cuticles with wooden stick provided and shape nail to desired length. Shape free edge of nail with pink side of mini-file.
2. Use the grey buffer side to remove any shine from the natural nail.
3. Give the nails a swipe with the nail cleanser pads provided to remove excess dirt and oil.
4. Apply a thin layer of the base coat to each nail.
5. Insert hand into the LED lamp (4 fingers at a time) for 30 seconds. The neat thing about the lamp provided is that it automatically shuts off every 30 seconds so you don't have to count! Your base coat should now be cured.
6. Apply a thin layer of the gel nail color to each nail.
7. Insert hand into the LED lamp (4 fingers at a time) for 30 seconds. Your gel nail color should now be cured. Apply a second thin coat and cure for additional 30 seconds.
8. Apply a thin layer of the gel top coat.
9. Insert hand into the LED lamp (4 fingers at a time) for 30 seconds. Your gel top coat should now be cured.
10. Wipe cured nails with one of the nail cleansing pads included to remove the tacky residue.
Sally Hansen’s Salon Gel Polish™ is a professional at-home gel system that delivers the salon experience at a great value. Compared to regular nail polish, this gel polish gives you high-gloss, mirror shine color that lasts for up to 2 weeks without dry time, chipping and smudging. It’s never been so easy to get a salon manicure at home – saving you time and money! Get up to 10 gel manicures in a starter kit!
“Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Sally Hansen via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sally Hansen”