I have an awesome idea that I'm going to try when Christmas rolls around. I saw these puzzle piece necklaces via Wanelo and thought they'd make an excellent 'Advent Calendar' gift for the girls. This would also be a neat idea for a mother/daughter or best friends necklace. Here's HOW!
Modpodge Dimensional Magic
3 actual puzzle pieces one for each of my daughters (plastic pieces would be best but cardboard would also do)
A piece of paper with one long word like 'sisters' OR a photo of all three recipients in a group shot.
Necklace jump rings
1. Make a tiny hole in the corner of each puzzle piece large enough to fit a necklace jump ring through.
2. Create a design on paper with the word sisters OR print out a group photo of the people you are giving the necklace pieces to. Glue the paper too the puzzle pieces when they are connected.
3. Cut the paper around each puzzle shape. Separate puzzle pieces.
4. Then coat the top of each piece with the Dimensional Magic. To do this just squeeze the Dimensional Magic onto the surface of the piece and swirl around with tip. Be sure surface is smooth and thick. If you used a cardboard piece, wait under the top is dry and repeat on the back and sides. Let dry completely.
5. Add a jump ring through each of the holes you made. Then add a chain through the clasp.
6. When the pieces are connected you can see the word 'sisters' complete. If you used a group photo the whole photo will be complete when the pieces are put together.