I found this sweater at the Community Aide store for $1.50. As you can see with the before it's not a cardigan. But I'm trying to do only cardigans soooo I made it into one! How? See my step by step below.
I used frogs for the closures. I'm not sure that's what they're called. I then lined the new opening and the neckline with red loopy trim.
I really liked it paired it with this red and white belt and crochet blouse from F21. I bought the purse at the thrift store this morning. Love it.
1. Cut two pieces of twill tape or grosgrain ribbon 3 inches longer than your front.
2. Cut up the middle of the sweater.
3. Fold over opening 3/4" on each side.
4. Sew your twill tape or grosgrain ribbon over the raw edge of sweater.
5. Add red trim to front and neckline.
6. Sew in frogs.