So sorry this is posted so late today. It's been a busy day.
1. Cut the front and back pieces of the bodice at the shoulder to the end of the dart line. Refer to pattern for dart line.Sew front and back pieces together at the shoulder seams, right sides together.
2. Sew front and back pieces together at the shoulder seams, right sides together.
3. Gather the sleeves. To do this sew two parallel lines, back stitch at beginning, not at the end. Hold the bobbin thread on the bottom and push the fabric up the top thread.
4. Pin the gathered fabric to the neckline between the opening, right sides together so that the seam is on the inside.
5. Sew sleeve to neckline.
6. Stitch the front to back at the side seams to the point under the armpit indicated on the pattern.
7. Stitch the sleeve hem. To do this fold the allowance of the sleeve edge to the wrong side of the fabric. You can sew it around OR fold over the edge to the inside of the fold so that you don't have a raw edge.
8. Then make the pleats in the front of the bodice. Refer to the pattern and mark on the bodice where the pleat lines should be. Sew along the lines to the points, right sides together. Press.
DONE FOR TODAY! If you have any questions please leave them in the comments and I will try to address them.
And the new FBF button is below. Feel free to link to the Frock by Friday to get more fun people involved! To grab the button just highlight it, copy and paste into a new post or sidebar.