The Modcloth version has a very different skirt piece. This one is more of a circle cut while theirs is more of a gathered rectangle cut. Plus, my material was a little thicker than I would have liked. I chose it because I thought the pattern looked similar to the Modcloth version but you can see that their version has an almost silky tissue thin material.
But I like it and I'm glad we could do it together. But I gotta tell ya, I'm pooped. This week has been rough for me. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I'll be.....sewing. But at least I get to take the evening off. I think I'll try to coax Brian into a movie night. I kinda want to see "Let Me In". That or "Social Network".
And I think I'll wear this dress for our weekend date too.
Read more for Friday's last few steps.
Link to this Frock by Friday with this button!
1. Take your front and back facing and sew them, right sides together at the side seams.
2. Pin the top of the facing to the seam where your lace and bodice connect.
matching side seams.
3. When you get to the back, pin the facing right sides together and sew together. Then sew your facing to your bodice/lace.
4. Clip the curves.
5. Turn facing right side out.
6. Press the seams tight.
7. Topstitch around the seams and you're done!