November 15, 2009
It's that time of year. The time when you make your way to your basement or attic and pull out all those cardboard boxes marked 'hats' 'scarves' 'gloves'.
Every year I like to make each family member a scarf. Every year is a different style. The first year I crocheted a few and used heavy weight yarn to embroider their first initial at the bottom. I originally saw the idea in an old Martha Stewart magazine. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it on the web anywhere. But I tell you, they were quite lovely. I have a few people who tell me they still use theirs from time to time which is always nice.
So here I am again sifting through the internet for new scarf ideas. I thought, why not share what I've discovered? Surprisingly, there are A LOT of ideas out there. This year, I'm leaning toward the yoyo scarf #24, though it looks rather tedious.
Here is a list of tutorials for the scarves pictured above in order from left to right then up to down.
1. Patchwork Scarf Tutorial
2. Upcycled Sweater Leaf Scarf Tutorial
3. Doily Scarf Tutorial
4. Easy Fringe Fleece Scarf Tutorial
5. Super Easy Tee-Shirt Scarf Tutorial
6. Silk Scarf Tutorial
7. Loop Scarf Tutorial
8. No-Sew Jersey Scarf Tutorial
9. Braided Scarf Tutorial
10. Knitted Neck Scarf Tutorial
11. Applique Scarf Tutorial
12. Needle Felted Fringe Scarf Tutorial
13. Pocket Scarf Tutorial
14. Scrap Scarf Tutorial
15. Ruffled Scarf Tutorial
16. Ruffled Shrug Tutorial
17. Summer Braided Scarf Tutorial
18. Upgraded Scarf Tutorial
19. Cluster Ball Scarf Tutorial
20. Pom Pom Faux Mink Scarf Tutorial
21. Gingham Scarf Tutorial
22. Simple Fleece Scarf Tutorial
23. Scrap Buster Scarf Tutorial
24. YoYo Scarf Tutorial: (Note: I couldn't find a specific tutorial on how to make one but I linked to a tutorial on how to make a yoyo. Just connect them together in different forms to make a scarf.)
25. Mitten Scarf Tutorial
If you have any great scarf tutorials that you'd like to share please include the link as a comment in this post! I'd love to get my hands on some more ideas!